Diego Herrera Carcedo is 32 years old photojournalist/documentary photographer and videographer of Spain whose work is mainly on social conflicts around the world.
He studied a Higher Degree in Audiovisual and Spectacle Realization and later a university Degree in Audiovisual Communication, that finished in 2017.
The empathy is one of the most important feature for make a good reportage and when he works with vulnerable people he try to integrates and think like them because he likes the journalism from and for people.
He knows that a photograph cannot change the injustices of the world, but it can change some people's minds.
His ambition for good journlism led him to become one of the founders of "Zooming Magazine". Nowadays he collaborate us journalist to writing news and opinion articles.
He has experience as photographer in international social conflicts in Spain, Serbia, Bosnia, Greece, Moldova, Ukraine and Armenia.
- February 2023: "Ukraine, the last war in Europe" in Xposure Festival (Sharjah, United Arab Emirates)
- November 2021: "Gagauzia, ethnic minority in the moldovan steppe” in Casa de Cultura de Gamonal (Burgos, Spain)
- October 2019 – February 2020: "Refugees: one way, a future?” in Foro Solidario Caja de Burgos (Burgos, Spain)
- 2016 - present: Freelance photojournalist doing reportages, covering daily news...
- 2016 - 2019: Photojournalist and journalist in press office of University of Burgos
- 2016 - 2019: Wedding photographer
- 2015 - 2019: Cameraman in streaming events at Burcode S.L
- 2016 - 2017: Cameraman at Canal 54 TV
- September 2021 Conference about the war of Ukraine - Museum of Human Evolution
- February 2019 Conference to students of Audiovisual Communication about refugees crisis - University of Burgos
- October 2019 Conference about photojournalism in social conflicts - University of Burgos
- November 2019 Conference about photojournalism in social conflicts - IES Diego Marin Aguilera